■5 Candle Facts you probably didn't know about.
1. YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN (AND STILL ARE🤷🏾♀️) BURNING YOUR NICE CANDLES
• The first time you light a candle, you have to let it burn long enough. The whole top layer of the wax has to become liquid and that takes several hours depending on the size of your candle.
•If you do not do this, then your candle will not burn evenly.
2. NO SMOKE! A CANDLE SHOULDN'T PRODUCE SMOKE WHEN IT'S BURNING
•When a candle is smoking, it means the wick is too long.
•Easy fix: put the flame out, wait for the wick to cool and trim it to about 1/8 - 1/4 inch long.
3. Rumors… FREEZING A CANDLE WON'T ACTUALLY MAKE IT LAST LONGER
•Many people say that freezing a candle before lighting it will make it last longer. Sorry… but it’s fake news🤔!
•Freezing the candle actually makes the wax crack and damages the candle.
4. THAT’S A CUTE NAME… A CANDLEMAKER IS A CHANDLER
•Cocorico! It comes from the Old French word “chandelier”.
<>Before the introduction of electricity, a “chandelier” was a ceiling fitting made of several candles to light up the rooms.
5. NO MORE BLOWING YOUR CANDLE! YOU SHOULD NEVER BLOW IT OUT
•Blowing out your candle produces soot and smoke. You also might blow droplets of hot liquid wax in the surrounding area.
•The best way to put out a candle is to use a candle snuffer as it puts the flame out by depriving it of oxygen.